Saturday 31 July 2010

Quote of the day

“Let’s cut to twenty-five years later, I’m still married – none of my kids have been busted for drug possession. Can Al and Tipper Gore say the same thing? I don’t think so – oh, snap!” — Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider
Ah, remember the days of the PMRC's legal fights against Frank Zappa and Dee Snider? Tipper Gore headed up the PMRC's push for warning labels on records.

Hypothesis: folks who can't handle their own relationships or their own kids want the state to do it for them (and for everyone else); folks who can, resist such controls.

I think that Stay Hungry was the first tape I ever bought. I think that was around the third grade.

Here's Snider's testimony before Congress back in '85, along with a bit of context.

2 comments:

  1. Er, rather small sample size, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but sometimes a very particular sample is a particularly nice one.

    Al and Tipper's moral righteousness in those hearings as the head of the family values brigade was nauseating. That things turned out the way they did, well, check the post tags.

    ReplyDelete